TRIPAWDS: Home to 12901 Members and 1474 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Journey of King William III

One Beagle's Quest to Kick Cancer's Arse

One Month Later!

Filed under: Uncategorized — tresbeagles at 8:31 pm on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hello Tripawds World:

I just realized I am one month into my life as a tripawd, and I must admit I can’t complain.  I still get to do all the things I love, and now can use my tripawd status as a means to leverage more love and attention (insert evil laugh).  My pawrents got back from their European tour in one piece (well, mom picked up some stitches and a nice shiner from a fight with a surfboard, and the surfboard won), and were thrilled with how much progress I made while they were gone.  The best part is that they have jetlag and get up before dawn, but stay in bed with me and give me mucho snuggle time.

I admit I felt a bit low energy after my first round of chemo, but I rebounded quickly and now zoom around the house (particularly when someone says the magic “treat” or “biscuit” words).  I have no problems at all getting up and down the stairs and around the yard, and I’m going to the park regularly with the rest of my pack.

One thing I didn’t think about is sunblock!  As you know, I’m quite a sun lover, as demonstrated below.

While my hair is growing back, it isn’t quite yet back to pre-surgery form.  Plus, I don’t have a ton of hair on my belly, and my little leg is no longer there to guard my lower tummy.  So, as you can see, I got a bit of a sunburn!  Now my pawrents lather me up every morning with some non-toxic sunblock so I can enjoy some QT on the deck.

My next round of chemo is next week.  Then I’ll be 1/3 of the way through!

Best,

HRH King Will-Beagle III

P.S. My mom wanted me to pass on thanks to everyone for all their kind posts, and that we’d love to meet up with fellow tripawds in the San Diego area.

6 Comments »

krun15

October 16, 2012 @ 10:00 pm   Reply

Happy first Ampuversary King Will! Be sure your servants know that each ampuversary is supposed to be announced and celebrated with treats for all.
Did you hear about this party tomorrow: http://tripawds.com/forums/tripawd-parties/calling-all-so-cal-tripawds-tripawd-pawrents/#p90735.
I hope you can go.

Karen and the pugapalooza

princess

October 17, 2012 @ 4:14 am   Reply

You are such a cutie King William III. What a gorgeous smile!

I never had to worry about sunburn because being a black dog I tended to overheat in the sun so I didn’t stay in it very long.

Glad to here you are going OK with the chemo.

Spirit Magnum

labsrus

October 17, 2012 @ 2:09 pm   Reply

Great to hear you are doing so well and that you are at the one month milestone already! Way to go William!

Sorry to hear about the sunburn, but it sounds like your pawrents have you covered (pun intended!).

Glad they’re back home with you so you can have your much needed cuddle time.

doggiemomma9

October 18, 2012 @ 1:21 am   Reply

Awesome William!!!! Glad to hear you are adjusting and that things are going well!! You rock!!!

Butchey Hudson and his Fam

Jackie

October 22, 2012 @ 4:27 pm   Reply

Hello William,

I was getting worried … thank goodness Grandma kept me in the loop. You look pawsitively regal! Your “evilness” is definitely genetic, Uncle George will attest to that. Hugs to the siblings, mom and dad!

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI